About the Role
From a systems perspective, the role is required to manage all of Peregrine’s IT systems, including hardware setups, software setups, but primarily the building of internal data dashboards and visualisations to assist with operations development. The workstreams will include building and understanding our internal data structures, including the servers we have on premise and any cloud-based data we hold, and the management of that data. Using Lean methodologies, structuring these reports and processes in a standardised way will be a key aspect of the role. The dashboards will enable the business to grow and understand its data, allowing Peregrine to meet KPI targets and drive performance. Using Peregrine as a showcase Lean project, this will then become a saleable product through the consultancy sector.
From a Mechanical Engineering perspective, the role requires support of all Lean methodologies and implementation across both sites. From introducing 5S to training and development of all employees, the engineer will support in producing presentations, feeding data into workstreams and supporting practical problem-solving exercises. The role will entail following the PMO (project management office) process, leading projects from scope through to approval and implementation through a robust gateway and governance process.
Internal IT systems management – hardware & software.
• Internal IT systems governance – servers, databases, data structures.
• Operations development internally.
• Building of Excel reports.
• Building of PowerBi reports to drive company KPI’s.
• Supporting Lean Consultant in creating ‘showcase’ factory through standardisation of documents, processes and methodologies.
• Project delivery, managed through the PMO and governance process, delivering required projects, initial focus on waste management streams.
• Scoping and support of an ERP re-design project, creating a consultancy product which all-encompasses business processes of all descriptions – ERP, conditional monitoring, energy monitoring, machine efficiency data, machine datum point data etc.
• Creation of 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
• Occasional customer site visits.
• Manage customer expectation and lead them to customer satisfaction.
• Make sure all deliverables arrive in good order, on time, and fulfil customers’ requirements.
• Communicate the progress to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Take initiatives in identifying growth opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering based degree, 2:1 or above.
• Advanced competency / willingness to self-learn Microsoft 365 applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBi, Azure, SharePoint, OneDrive, PowerApps, Power Automate.
• CAD design skills advantageous.
Values & Behaviours
• Ensure the Company's quality policy is understood and implemented. • Ensure all Health & Safety rules are adhered to. • Identify areas for cost reduction and productivity improvements. • Recommend new work methods, layouts, processes and equipment to improve performance. • Display flexible attitude to work time as required. • Recognise and react to customer expectations. • Highly motivated with a hunger to learn. • Demonstrates a collaborative approach by sharing accurate and meaningful information and ideas openly with others. • Seeks feedback from key stakeholders to better understand how well delivering against expectations. • Asks questions to better understand the business and the needs of the business. • Accepts responsibility for delivering own area of work and results, even if difficulties arise. • Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adapt thinking and approach quickly as required in the circumstances. • Ability to multitask across different departments and different requirements.