About the Role
To competently follow predefined manufacturing processes to deliver products.
• Writing programs and programming the Turning Centres.
• Knowledge of Mazatrol essential.
• Mill/Turn experience an advantage.
• Experience of Integrex programming an advantage.
• Knowledge of CAM software and G Code an advantage.
• Program set and operate CNC machines to manufacture required components in line with production schedules and to required quality standards.
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce correct components.
• To maintain work equipment and a safe and well organised workstation.
• To complete safety checks to ensure machine and work equipment is in good working order.
• Assist in work centre housekeeping and any 5S activities.
• Performs/prepares build or inspection activities before and during product manufacturing.
• Delivers production requirements by following instructions/processes.
• Inspection support.
• Maintains manufacturing documentation to achieve full standards of traceability.
• Fully contributes to the process of continuous improvements and company goal of achieving zero defects in accordance with ISO9001 certified quality management systems requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Previous experience of programming, setting and operating CNC and manual machines.
• Experience of working within the automotive or/and aerospace industry would be an advantage.
• The ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings.
• Be able to work to strict deadlines.
• Experienced in performing 1st mechanical inspection checks.
• General understanding of industry standards and regulations in order to ensure guidelines are followed and machinery and equipment are operated safety.
• Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job expertise.
• Basic PC skills.
• Good time management.
• Good attention to detail to allow you to maintain or exceed high levels of production standards and efficiency.
• Ability to fully contribute to the process of continuous improvements.
• Good understanding of working in similar high technology environment.
Values & Behaviours
• Highly motivated with a hunger to learn new processes.
• Demonstrates a collaborative approach by sharing accurate and meaningful information and ideas openly with others.
• Develops positive working relationships by being open about their work and involving others where possible and by supporting others in their work.
• Seeks feedback from key stakeholders to better understand how well delivering against expectations.
• Demonstrates personal ownership for delivering their role, their learning and their career by proactively managing each.
• Asks questions to better understand the business and the needs of the business.
• Accepts responsibility for delivering own area of work and results, even if difficulties arise.
• Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adapt thinking and approach quickly as required in the circumstances.